Panda Tech's Solution
An integrative solution aimed to significantly improving systems development processes in the organization and contributing to the preservation of organizational knowledge. The solution addresses problems in the integration of information between organizational entities, between different organizations, different content groups, between merging companies and the like. The solution is based on the iC technology infrastructure developed at Panda Tech using Sparx Enterprise Architect, which is installed in over 400,000 end users worldwide.
The environment includes a solution for visual definition of the organization's development processes as well as infrastructures and components for implementing the processes. In this framework, all system processes tailored to the customer are defined and it is possible to define new processes or update existing ones. Each process is defined by the components involved in implementing each process. The customer can implement processes partially and then move on to full implementation (subject to budget considerations, resources and implementation management).
Panda Tech's solution is a tool for managing knowledge in projects and their implementation, and saves on the direct expenses of the organization:
- Building a development knowledge base at the level of system planning and software components.
- Reuse knowledge at all levels of development (requirements, characterization, system components, software components, tests, etc.) starting with the first project implemented in this solution.
- 100% of the development documents are automatically generated (SSS, SSDD, SRS, SDD, SRD, DBDD, ICD and more)
- A sharp decrease in the number of internal discussions.
- Significant reduction in the amount of mails and correspondence in the project.
- Significant savings in the amount of paperwork printed and distributed to users.
- A solution to the integration problem between the development tools in the organization.
Panda Tech's solution saves indirect costs over time:
- Replaces expensive development systems in the organization and saves on their maintenance cost.
- Knowledge transfer costs between employees and new employees.
- Maintenance and knowledge maintenance costs.
- Project construction costs.
- Savings assimilation time of development products.
The solution Components
The solution includes 4 levels of functional packages. Each package is provided as a complete solution with adaptability. Alternatively, it can be implemented as an integrated integration solution for existing systems in the organization. Some packages are required for minimal performance of the solution.
1. Organizational Processes (BPMS) *
Contains all the processes in the organization and matches the processes to the client's needs in terms of order of operations, type of operations and appearance of the system.
2. Core Solution Components (CORE)
• Project Management (PME)
• Customer and supplier requirements management (CRMS, SRMS)
• Analysis and characterization / system engineering and system architecture (SMT)
• Characterization of system components (CMT)
• Transfer from Planning to Development (IDE)
• Transfer from Planning to Testing (TPM)
3. Functional motors
• Reports Engine and Automated documents (Documentor *)
• Event Management (EM)
• System Configuration Management (CM) *
• System Traceability Management (TM) *
• Import / Export Engine (IE)
• Query Engine (QM) *
• Code conversion engine (CTM)
• Simulation engine (SE)
4. Integration components
• Integration with IBM Doors
• Integration with Team System
• Integration with Configuration Management tools (Clear Case, TFS, SVN, Etc.)
• On-demand integration.
5. Technical packages
• Backup Manager (BK) *
• Server Manager (RS) *
• Access Management and Permissions (ACM) *
* Mandatory component
Support, maintenance and revision of versions
- The solution includes additional organizational services and long-term support for updates and upgrades of various iC Technology infrastructures:
- Expert services for all stages of development in the organization - system characterization / engineering, software engineering, testing engineering, focusing on innovation based on visual models.
- Adjustments and changes of each package and infrastructure to the needs of the customer at any time. Adapt to the needs that arise with the use of the solution over time.
- Implementations of the system at different levels in the organization - senior managers, middle managers, users.
- Group workshops and individual sessions are conducted periodically.
- Work procedures - adapted to the OMG MDA standard.
- Annual maintenance and support package including automatic version update.
- Establishment of an organizational support system and full outsourcing of support for development tools.
- The cost of the solution varies from customer to customer depending on the size and type of solution. Pricing the solution is affected by a large number of parameters, including:
- Amount of users and projects involved.
- User types.
- The amount of processes implemented in an organization.
- The amount of adjustments to be made to the processes.
- The quantity and nature of required integrations.
- Amount of forecast data and system growth horizon.
- Compartmentalization needs between different classes or types of information.
- System configuration - number of servers, server type, DB type, server acquisition by the organization or by Panda Tech.
- Backup configuration.
- Client License Types and Quantity of any type - Float, Single, Viewer.
- Establishment of system entities: reports, documents, web site automatically generated, etc.
- System screen adjustments
- Storage capacity
- Solution Type - Complete Outsourcing or Expert Services.
- Additional topics according to customer needs.